Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Eastcity, your observation isn't based on inexperience.  I've been sitting in my hot tub this morning reading all the posts from last night (I couldn't continue reading yesterday. I needed a cigar, a glass of scotch, and a financial planner).  If mgmt began buying shares now, a lot of people would call "foul play".  I don't even know if it woud be legal.  I don't even know if they're in a trading window.  Regardless, that would be a bad move.  However, it appears that they have an option to buy into this offering (I may be wrong). That may also result in accusations, but it's necessary from my perspective.  

"If" we have a unique and compelling technology, and "if" we have contracts in place to provide this tech to an increasing number of manufactures in the industry, then this will just be a market reaction to the news regarding financing, and it will begin to increase in value over time.  Given that Exec Mgmt has stated these ""ifs" as fact, I think we'll weather this storm.  

Another point, the volume on the NAS yesterday was about 250K.  The day before I think we were at 500K - I could be off.  Let's say the total volume over 5 days was 2 million shares.  I don't want to look up charts, so I'll guess the avg cost per share was $2 - give or take 50 cents.  So, 2 million shares at $2 each is $4 million.  $4 million! Are you kidding me?  That mouse nuts compared to the kind of money we expect to be trading in this stock.  Is my simplistic math significantly incorrect? Sure, there's the Canadian exchange, but $4 million exchanging hands on the NAS based on the financing announcement doesn't seem like Black Thursday to me. Sure, I lost half the value of my investment based on current values if I were to sell.  So, I'm not selling.  I bought more.  Feel free to laugh at me if this goes very badly.  I deserve it.  I just can't get too overly excited about a large percentage drop in a small cap company, trading at low volume, as a result of this news announcement. 

I just hope they have a well planned strategy for communication next week. Even if it's terrible news, let's rip off the Band-Aid and get back in the game. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply