Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

That was the subject of an email I sent to POET management. I have received a response that I will share as I digest it. It's not what most would think. They have tried to gain access to significant financing since the last public offering in 2016. I am the messenger here. I have my own opinions which are probably aligned with many here. We have a hurtle to cross in keeping this company capitalized while trying to recover some value here. This company is worth so much more than it is given credit for. But it is clear that it does not matter what it is worth, it is what you can get. And that has been severely discounted and allowed under sec rules...Canadian rules are more stringent in that regard. I guess that's why the US side filed first.

Gentleman, thankyou for providing the letter to shareholders. Unfortunately it does not explain the reasons why we find ourselves in this current situation. I expect that you have been bombarded with complaints.

I addressed my concerns in a post recently that was well supported and really boils down to the following:

I think one of the key questions in unlocking part of this mess is why did POET wait so long to begin financing efforts. That answer alone will pave the way for a better understanding around how we ended up in this situation. There needs to be a good faith effort to help us understand.

We can be part of the solution but need to know the root cause and what efforts are underway to fix it. 

There really needs to be an understanding as to how we got here. The vast majority of the shareholders have a good understanding of the value proposition and believe that POET has the keys to the future in optical integration. This is why so many have been hit so badly and some have been severely impacted by margin calls. It was risk that they obviously took based on their belief in how POET was advancing technically and commercially. But no one expected this.

I have been a very big supporter of POET for a long time and there are a lot of people who look to me to help them understand what has happened. I don't have the answers but you gentlemen do.

My post on Agoracom:

https://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/796711-working-together/messages/2400735#message

Sincerely,

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply