Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Poetcatch

I am not under any NDA but in my experience Suresh has always been very straight forward with capabilities and planned developments to achieve goals. There are of course detectives at work here such as ITTR who are good at creating relationships and connecting with the management of companies POET is working with. I don't think it is fair to suggest that SV would make $hit up. It is not what he is about.

The platform is being perfected in new ways. The latest patent grant shows the implementation using EMLs. They are working with major companies who have succeeded with 200G lambda and there are just a small handful that have achieved that capability. POET has the ability to integrate these EMLs.

Here are some highlights in a response from SV when I asked about the benefits that will be derived with the incorporation of EMLs into the platform. 

Essentially there are two primary modulators in the market at 400G and 800G (100G/lane).  EML and Silicon Photonics MZM.  Of which the EML has greater than 90% market share.

I think providing an integration platform for EML lasers would make the platform accessible to a lot of potential players that have already committed their system design down an EML path.  And simplify adoption in this regard. 

At 200G/lane - these lasers are accessible to us. We are working with both Mitsubishi and Lumentum - both leaders in the industry.  Whereas Marvel, Acacia and a few others will provide silicon photonics solutions - they will not be as competitive as an integrated solution with EML will be.  Plus they are accessible to us whereas the others are not. 

So we need to differentiate and innovate- which is where the EML comes in.  I believe if we provide the kind of integration with EML we can - it will be a very competitive solution that will ease adoption for us.  

Poetcatcher it's not hard for me to accept that the POET platform provides a means for industry to advance their needs. As such it really would not be out of the ordinary for POET to be making big moves to secure the financial future of this company.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply