Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: My broker is E.F. Mutton and E.F. Mutton says........

I would not discount anything that Zack's has stated about POET as they always know more than retail.

Zack's Investment Research: (November 28)

Expect the company to announce that several well-known data center module makers, who sell to data centers supporting AI, have chosen POET as a source of 800G engines. We expect those customers to migrate their entire centers to 800G. Eventually, other data centers may adopt 800G however at the moment AI is the only application driving the current need.

We now expect POET to start selling Interposer wafers in volume to SPX in Q1’24.

Celestial AI will begin to take in completed light source modules toward the end of 2024. POET is about to send Celestial AI alpha samples of a new design it requested. Celestial AI is working with Samsung to design light-enabled memory drives for AI applications. POET is talking to all of the other AI hardware players including Lightelligence in China, Light Matter, and Ayar Labs.

While Celestial has already been generating NREs for POET, we expect that it will start to buy product to build inventory for its product launches. POET will be providing Celestial AI LightBar modules.  Each accelerator Celestial AI sells has four POET chips. At $200 per chip, Celestial could represent $800 million in potential revenues by itself. We believe most if not everything Celestial is planning to sell contains POET.

We believe POET’s platform can be applied to many other large photonics markets including AI, high-speed computing, co-packaged optics, Medtech, wearables, augmented reality, LIDAR, and the Internet of Things.

=============================================================

I'm glad that POET communicates with Ayar Labs.  Their light source for AI (SuperNova) is not considered a complete solution.  They also are not flip-chipping at wafer-scale and manual steps will only add to the cost of their light source.  I do hope that we are on the radar for Nvidia and at some point get the opportunity to demonstrate to them.

Celestial AI needs to have a finished product in hand by the end of this calendar year or risk missing the market.  First-to-market and second-to-market with step-change technology usually get the lion's share of a market.  Also hoping for CAI to go public this year and drag POET up with them because of our critical light source technologies.

Still waiting to hear how much POET will be charging for Starlight.

New Message
Please login to post a reply