Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I have been following this forum for years but never posted anything, since the combined wisdom of the esteemed posters has made it impossible for me to add any new value to the discussions.

This MMCAP deal is changing this, insofar I think this is such an unusual investment.

1) A hedge fund that has hardly ever invested in tech is buying a 10% position in a high tec company, with roughly a third of the position consisting of very short term warrants that are almost 40% out of the money. Is this normal?

2) Yes, if the fund has obtained knowledge of something happening within those 60 days that other investors don't have. If so, how did they get this info and from whom?

3) Also yes, if this fund is acting on behalf of or in concert with other institutional or strategic investors, who plan to issue a takeover bid for PTK that would otherwise be very difficult given the largely buy-and-hold oriented retail investor base.

Otherwise I just don't get why they would do it.

Am I wrong?

New Message
Please login to post a reply