Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Thanks, Rainer, for posting the text of Suresh's presentation.  We all appreciate it, just one more example of how valuable have been your contributions here over the years, now approaching "decades"!

So much of what Suresh said was inspiring and full of specific points as opposed to glittering generalities.  

One part that particularly stuck out to me and met what I consider to be a very important "need" for POET was more than adequately addressed in that portion of the message from Suresh when he stated:

"And then there is the issue of coping with the China-West split, especially as it relates to AI and high-speed transmission. While no one explicitly says “no China,” it is implicit. Innolight, Eoptolink, and several module companies in China have established operations in Thailand over the past year. Customers are dictating component choices based on geography. While it’s not clear where this is headed, it would be prudent to project that we will require optical engine manufacturing outside Super Photonics and outside China.

We’re working on this issue with renewed urgency. We believe in the not-too-distant future, we would need to adopt a bifurcated manufacturing and sales strategy. Within China, we’ll be setting up a sales and marketing company with external investment, dedicated to winning and growing in China, leveraging Chinese manufacturing and Chinese components, whereas outside China, we will use our internal sales and marketing engine and establish manufacturing, potentially in the Singapore-Malaysia corridor. In both cases, our collaboration with MultiLane provides us a source of optical module manufacturing."

No one is seriously suggesting that we throw out the baby with the bath water and disavow all of the hard work that has gone into developing the China connection for POET Technologies, but when Suresh said "We’re working on this issue with renewed urgency. We believe in the not-too-distant future, we would need to adopt a bifurcated manufacturing and sales strategy" I, for one, could not have been happier.  

Bifurcated manufacturing and sales... that's the ticket!

Some will consider my elation at that strategy to be misplaced, or at the very least unjustified in it's intensity.  That's OK.  I won't deny anyone the right to disagree, even if they are wrong... or I am wrong.  Just the same, I am truly excited by Dr. Venkatesan's straightforward hitting the nail on the head and addressing the issue, because it is an issue and will become more important as an "issue" as time goes on.  Suresh didn't avoid the issue, didn't evade the issue.  He hit it head on.  Outstanding, Suresh!  That is why you get the Big Bucks, now, but more assuredly in the future.

JMO

Onward through the FOG... just not as foggy today as it was before Suresh clarified "the issue".

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply