Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: POETEC opened in 2016 & has over 1,000 employees. ("Instrument & technology from foreign country")

Please see the Posts on POETEC Company in the Off Topic Catagory.  It seems they could be relevant to the General Discussion Forum so I'm Posting here (hope its ok).  The POETEC Company Profile states in so many words, their whole company is predicated on technology they "invited to import" to China.  They have a huge new facility and apparently are manufacturing full bore. The information about POETEC seems like it could be suspect to me as well.  Maybe POETEC is the Chinese partner referred to on Nov. 28, 2016, NR regarding "winning an initial order in China for applications in the Passive Optical Network (PON) which is the dominant 'Fiber-to-the-X' or (FTTx) network in use today.  Fiber-to-the-X (FTTx) is a key enabler of today's high-speed Internet, and advanced broadband networks are considered essential infrastructure to support economic."  The translations make it a little confusing but I have my doubts about the partner part because all POETEC says in regard to the source of their acquired technology was - Taiwan.  Maybe the tech is different but I should ask. 

So, I printed the POETEC Company Profile, both the Company profile printed from their website and Google translation of the raw Chinese text.  I'm thinking if I asked Suresh, Todd (DeBonis), David (Lazovsky), Mohan (Warrior), Bill Ring, or even Thomas Mika about POETEC at the Show, I might get some answers before email or other types inquiries.  I'll have my prints in hand if they are not familiar with the Company.  I'll also ask about our DFB's (Distributed Feedback Lasers) and Narrow Line Width Lasers from our Constellation Series.  

I'll be going Tuesday or Wednesday.  It always takes me a few days to collect my notes, thoughts, and anything else I misplaced (Ha!) to compose a Report.  I'll try for some pictures too. Cheers  Bt

New Message
Please login to post a reply