Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hello everyone, Last Wednesday evening I attended the Silicon Valley Engineering Council, Hall of Fame Banquet, in San Jose.  There were a lot of attendee's there, maybe 300 or so.  I heard it was the largest turnout yet.  There were posters of previous inductees, through the years.  I think I read every one of them.  In the process I was able to meet some very interesting people.  One fellow said he worked alongside Dr. William Hewlett and Dr. David Packard in the early days of Silicon Valley.  Very interesting batch of folks.  I did get a chance to chat with Ajit before the banquet.  I told him I learned the word "collaboration" from him, at least the essence of it.  He laughed.  He was looking very good and I was so glad to see him again.  He was surprised to hear about the move to Allentown.  He is very familiar with Allentown, I think he spent time in Allentown during his early days at Bell Labs.  I believe the area is well positioned to service the largest "mega data centers" that are in the vicinity. 

The Keynot speaker was Steven Chu, Nobel Laureate in Physics and Professor at Stanford.  His address was titled Climate Change and Innovative Approaches to a Sustainable Future.  I think he approached it as a complete disertation on the subject, as he went on at length through all aspects from food production to energy storage battery densities of different materials.  (I think he thought his audience was full of smart people), it was... https://profiles.stanford.edu/steve-chu 

The two inductees were Dr. Freidoon Barez, a Professor at San Jose State University, a brilliant educator and entrepreneur, got his PhD in Mechanical Engineering at UC Berkeley at age 25, and our own, Ajit Manachoa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_Manocha 

Ajit's speach was excellent and he was merciful in keeping it somewhat brief as the previous speakers went way over their timeframes.  : )  Of note he has excelled in people development by teaching classes such as "Leadership by Example", and "Classroom to Cleanroom to Boardroom".  To me that kind of exemplifies his approach.  Ajit is a very special Man.

Anyhow, very nice to see our SP on the uptick a bit.  I liked to see the positive action  yesterday after a little profit taking on Thursday.  I have the feeling we are going to need to hang on to our hats and hold on to our seats as POET knocks it out of the Park.

GLTA (longs), all the best!  BT

New Message
Please login to post a reply