Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Yes Shash, you are very perceptive, Allentown was news to him.  He didn't tell Suresh or anyone about the award.  I am certain he could have filled the place up with fans.  Not his wish.  Probably didn't want to distract those guys from their tasks at hand.  Just, I could say a humble man.  I think possibly more accurately could be low key, not about him, just the greater good.  Again, I am honored to know this man.  And what did he do for us? Shash you totally nailed it.  Ajit lobbied the best possible person on the face of the earth to lead POET in the photonics communications industry, at the opportune time.  Yes pivot from GaAs to Silicon (more industry friendly), but the timing (as always) is perfect.  Exactly as Suresh commented about 2 years ago.  He predicted the convergence of the optics/electronics communications at about this time.  I think initially he was thinking 100g, then our consortium pushed us to 400g.  I think Ajit gave Suresh a chance to shine.  A wafer level, integrated circuit guy, that is the gold standard moving forward.  Anyhow, thanks to collaborative efforts (there's that word again) we have Silterra, Almae, Macom, Singapore, China, (too many for me to list).  I think our Optial Interposer is the conduit, our dielectric waveguides the path, our lasers, and mux-demultiplexer the engine.  I think we have a lot to look forward to.  Of course, IMO  BT

New Message
Please login to post a reply