Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Futures Tumble After US Restarts Trade War With China, Locks Out Huawei; China Vows Retaliation Against Apple, Boeing

Re: Futures Tumble After US Restarts Trade War With China, Locks Out Huawei; China Vows Retaliation Against Apple, Boeing

posted on May 17, 2020 03:03PM

I'm not blaming RIM's failure's completely on the Chinese, but they played a huge part in it, so much so that our then Foreign Affairs Minister (and quite possibly our next Prime Minister) Peter Mackay was sent to China to lobby on RIM's behalf, albeit to no avail... So yes it was a big deal!

As far as bringing up Guantonomo, we really should remember that roughly 3000 people died in the twin tower attack's, (of which 24 were Canadian) and the terrorists that perpetrated these acts didn't believe in "One and Done" philosophy! Did the U.S. play outside the rules when it came to getting intel from a handful of some of the worst terrorist scum on the planet? Sure they did. Has that intel kept future attacks from happening? Yes it has. Are we safer because of it? We certainly are! And I'll also add that a lot of the detainees were released when they shouldn't have been (jmo) and they made their way right back to the battlefield... 

I wonder what rule book ISIS play's by?

New Message
Please login to post a reply