Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: 2nd AI "Behind the News Release" Transcript (sectioned to find the violation)

(20:22) George: What does it say, by the way, because look… I’ve been in the small-cap space for over twenty years and it’s not often that a small-cap company gets a chance to enter agreements with much bigger companies, but quite often those bigger companies don’t want you to use their names. So in this case we haven’t… and I know you can’t mention who it is… but what should we be inferring from the fact, and that this is your language, a technology leader in photonic computing? You know, what should shareholders take from that in terms of the size of this partner?

(21:10) Suresh: I mean, look, there are several companies trying to do processing using photonics. This is new. This is cutting edge. This is not something that… you can’t go and buy it today, right? This is currently being developed. Within the realm of some big companies there are small projects that do photonics, but then most of it is driven by smaller companies. That is typically how innovation works, at least here in the Valley. When we talk about someone who is a technology leader we understand what the technology requirements are to win in this kind of business and we believe that the partner that we have allied with has a technology capability that we believe is very suited for photonics processors, especially for massively parallel processors. And that technological approach also leverages quite heavily what POET can bring to the party in terms of the integration platform that we offer. So we believe that we’ve partnered with a leading technology choice in terms of how this photonics processor is going to be eventually taken to market. It’s like Betamax and VHS: they were both means to get video out to people. So at any point there are multiple ways to get to the end goal. We believe this is a unique way of solving this photonics processing issue for massively parallel computing that we’re excited about because it allows us to get exposure into a market and a customer base that is different from data communications—they tend to be different kinds of people or companies. I think getting that exposure is important for POET but, at the same time, it also demonstrates the versatility of the platform that we’re building: that we’re able to attack such different market segments seemingly in parallel.

New Message
Please login to post a reply