Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Chinese tourists in Fujian Province, China, shouting:  "Let's take Taiwan back!"

That is the picture painted in the story linked below.  At the very least, almost any observer of the international scene between the U.S. and China in the last week or two, especially yesterday, would have to concede that things are heating up over the question of what China is willing to do to reunite Taiwan with mainland China.

Anyone who considers the Chinese as less than fully committed to reunification would probably fall into the camp of those who considered that Mr. Putin back in early February of this year was only bluffing about invading Ukraine.  They underestimated Putin then and I truly fear that they may be underestimating Xi Jinping now.  Thankfully that is just my opinion and, so far, no military action that could be classified as an actual military invasion of Taiwan has commenced.  My hope is that it stays that way, but my brain tells me not to discount it as a possibility in the same way of those who discounted Putin's resolve on attacking Ukraine did earlier this year.

China summons European diplomats over statement on Taiwan (msn.com)

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply