Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 15, 2022 03:46AM
Oct 17, 2022 05:20PM

Shash, although I haven't directly mentioned any concern regarding the most recent U.S. action as mentioned in this quote from 10 October 2022:

5 minute readOctober 10, 20222:40 AM PDTLast Updated 8 days ago

U.S. aims to hobble China's chip industry with sweeping new export rules

1/2

U.S. President Joe Biden delivers remarks during a signing event for the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022, on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, U.S., August 9, 2022. REUTERS/Evelyn Hockstein

"Oct 10 (Reuters) - The Biden administration published a sweeping set of export controls on Friday, including a measure to cut China off from certain semiconductor chips made anywhere in the world with U.S. equipment, vastly expanding its reach in its bid to slow Beijing's technological and military advances"

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-aims-hobble-chinas-chip-industry-with-sweeping-new-export-rules-2022-10-07/

I am one of the technically challenged unwashed, so I don't know if this announcement will have the slightest, if any, adverse effect on the Sanan Integrated Circuit Ltd. JV with POET in China, but when you talk about the elephant in the room I can only hope that this change in U.S. policy is not that elephant.

Another article on the same situation:  https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/biden-chip-curb-asml-stops-us-staff-from-servicing-customers-in-china.html

Shash, you don't have the same challenge to technology that I do so I will ask you:  What, if any, effect will this change in U.S. policy have on the Sanan/POET JV?  Do you see any possibility that the production inflection point that Vivek has recently spoken of could be pushed back because of this change or is this political development irrelevant to the specific situation regarding Super Photonics?

Okiedo

Nov 01, 2022 08:17PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply