TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

The whole solar field has been good the last couple of weeks. I think when one gets a good earnings report and breaks out, some of the others follow in sympathy. SOLF was the big news last week. As I mentioned before, ASTI is in a "between" spot in the charts, above some support levels, but below it's all time highs. I would be more confident buying in either at the support or the new high. The positive note of the charts is it is still within a sharp upward channel that started late nov, and the close is towards the bottom (support) os the channel.

Long term, I think it is a winner with it's technology and with Norsk Hydro owning a big chunk, giving it an outlet for it's products. I bought in fairly big to CSIQ last week as it broke to a new high. I got in about $18.50 (had a position already averaging $13 and change after starting at 9.90), and it is at 21.50. It's revenue is almost 4 times what it was 4 qrtrs ago, and it's loss per share is half what it was then. Just wish the earnings numbers were on the plus side, but that will be soon I think.

One other solar I bought in the spring when I kinda "bought the field" is China Solar and Clean Energy (CSOL... not sure I like having "sol" in a stock name...) which was then called Deli Solar. It makes solar appliances like water heaters made mainly for Chinese consumers. It is fairly thinly traded but nearly no debt, positive and growing earnings. I bought very high whenit started on a run then crashed back down. About even on it now. With growing consumerism and poor infrastructure in China, I would think their stuff would have some demand in their economy.

New Message
Please login to post a reply