TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

fashion come back

posted on Jan 13, 2008 07:39AM

I know most people here like mining and othe small caps, but I look anywhere i can make $!

The fashion/clothing stocks have been on a big downtrend for a while despite growing sales and growing profits. I think they are due a turn around, and if you can count on anything, it is people, especially teens and women, buying the stylish, trendy clothes. I am in a rural area away from many of the trendy stores, and would be interested in what people think of some of these name: American Eagle Outfitting, Urban Outfitters, The Gap, Aeropostale, J Crew, Guess, Abercrombie and Fitch.

I am going to Vegas in a couple weeks for a trade show (maybe I'll check out some places for the KXL party!LOL) and taking my wife to do some "shopping research" as well. Peter Lynch, one of the great fund manangers said "if you like the store you'll probably love the stock" and said some of his best finds were made taking his wife and teens to a big mall and letting them lead him to good stores.

Does anyone or their kids LOVE any of these stores? What are the Univ students wearing?

By the way, I believe in waiting until a stock shows a bottom, a rally, the breaks above the rally to buy, so these names might not be a buy under these rules for weeks or months, but want to learn about them now, and i think the more minds working on an investment idea, the better. Most of the names I mentioned are trending lower, many have no or very little debt, reasonable pe's as well.

Hope tohear from some people!

New Message
Please login to post a reply