Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Did any of them told u they're has been a very controversial project at "Gros Cacouna " to build a large ship terminal and reservoir for NG over the last 3-4 years if not more. People in that region not far across from Quebec city have opposed it strongly on the ground that an accident could have devastating consequences to the rural region as well as to the St-Lawrence river.

The project was partialy supported financialy by gasprom if my memory does'nt fail me and i must admit it's been a while since any news came out , i guess it must have something to do with the present economic situation .

I would also add that some more interesting projects are being undertaken now between Russia and China through wich gasprom is a party . The project at Gros Cacouna was also aiming at the US market, u don't need to be in that business to understand that ,but once u get the NG at some gathering spot u still need to build a pipeline to your customers and that takes time and money .

They're was a post here on the 300 club hub yesterday or the day before by abstacey referring to a article in the Financial post by Diane Francis about a " brilliant Idea " from CN or CP railroad offering to the oil & gas industry out west the possibility of railroading their product to the west coast or to the south instead of spending YEARS and TENS of BILLIONS of dollars to build pipelines to bring the commodities down south .

What seems easy and obvious from a distance sometimes gets more complicated at a closer look . Now i ear u say the same railroad solution could be apply here !! Well guess what the answer lies in the way this country was built... From east to west by train !

New Message
Please login to post a reply