Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Mar 24, 2011 10:27AM

Mar 24, 2011 10:53AM

Mar 24, 2011 11:00AM

In regards to this deal, I think they have reached an agreement already, so this is done. Now because the study (SEA) also applies to the Old Harry agreement, nothing can be done there until the effects of fracing are completed.

This move by the government to get this going speaks volumes that they want to get these projects going. I'm not extremely familiar with Old Harry I can admit that, but I believe it is off shore oil drilling. If you read Charest's recent comments about this deal, he seems extremely happy and that Quebec will recieve 100% of the royalties here. You can't deny that seeing gas and oil revenues pop up soon isn't exciting for a province that is in clear need of it.

Now this is off shores fracing to get this oil out. It uses the same, or close to the same technology to exploit the resource. The only difference here is that a leak of oil into the waters are much more disaterous. Bottom line is that Old Harry has to wait until the study is done, and you can bet all will be done to make sure the study goes through effectively while not wasting time. Quebec has zero to benefit if this drags on and they know it.

I agree with Inceptus that having this news come up only benefits our cause in moving forward. Now I am sure that Quebec will have to come to some agreements with NL on the boundries etc, but the main focus is that they are trying to build some wealth and get these going.

To think that there was a full blow moratorium on off shore drilling in Quebec...now they are making deals etc. Goes to show you what potential huge revenues can do. Despite what some of these outlandish environmentalists say, the government isn't stupid by any means. They see every province in Canada that has oil and gas exploiting it and getting not only wealthy, but stimulating their economies with solid paying jobs etc...they just need a different approach as it's completely new for their people.

Mar 25, 2011 01:43AM
Mar 25, 2011 05:40PM

Mar 25, 2011 05:41PM

Mar 26, 2011 02:02PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply