...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Fundamental data is always old, but at least with the short number for Canadian stocks its only 3 days old. I'm assuming the latest number will be updated Wednesday after the close, and will be current up to the 15th of May.

212,700 is certainly not a large number when measured against outstanding shares of almost 86,000,000...its just one quarter of one single percentage point after all. But its still a significant number. I've commented before that I view short selling with a stock like RVX to be likely the result of industry players trying to manipulate the share price in an effort to shake out retail investors. But I can't completely discount the possibility that someone (or someoneS) might be viewing RVX as being overvalued and looking to profit from a drop in the PPS.

Tuesday (today) will be the first trading day after the number has been reported on the 15th....and the trading today and tomorrow might give us an indication of whether there's been significant covering or not. If volume picks up and the PPS moves up I think we'll see it drop by a healthy margin (down half or more). But if the trading is light and the price action is sideways or down....then we might be looking at a similar or higher number.

The markets are never boring.....and speculation is fun.

New Message
Please login to post a reply