...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Koo,

I don't always have a lot of time to read, review, and comment, and I could very well be wrong, but since tada said he was done for the day, it is my understanding that Tada meant exactly what he said, that a SP would quickly climb within a few shorts weeks after the annoucement, to a level that is 80% of the estimated "final deal value" which tada estimated in his example to be in the 5 - 10B range.  

Then when tada further went on to illustrate his example by citing the fact that the SP went up from $4.70 to $33 per share, while you are right in the fact that the SP did go up approx. 800%, it is mere coincidence of the numbers.  Rather, the SP went up to the $33 dollar level only because that level represented 80% of the "final deal value."  

This important distinction here is that it is the "final deal value" that will determine what percent a SP will rise and it is therefore NOT a given that a SP will always automatically rise 800% upon announcement because again I don't think that that is what tada meant at all.  Rather, the SP will move proportionally to 80% of the final deal value, whatever that final deal value is.  Hope this helps in the discussion.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply