...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

What signficiance does the next two days have?  C'mon....its me posting this, so there can only be one answer.  Short interest, obviously.

Short interest will be updated on stockwatch up to the 15th and the numbers should come out by Tuesday evening.  And while it'll be history by that point, it might still provide some answers about what's been going on since Thursday's close.  I see 3 possibilities.

1)  This was simply a sell off.....enough shareholders were sufficiently fed up to finally bail out on RVX, en masse.  Last week RVX didn't even trade 100K from Monday to Thursday, then on Friday it went over 1 million as many investors simply threw in the towel.

2)  Short selling was used to drive the price down.

3) A combination of 2 and 3......short sellers piled on forcing the price down, and then a substantial number of shareholders bailed out.

Personally my preference would be for curtain #1.  I'd love to see short interest somewhere around 230K, same as where it was current up to May 31st.  That to me would suggest it was the sheep moving on....which I would see as positive given my view that the herd is usually wrong.

Option 2....if we see a big jump in short interest to something like 500K or more, then that would be worrisome.  Bears are not stupid, and they're not poor.....if they've placed a big bet on the short side...ugh.....my fear is they will use what means are at their disposal to ensure that RVX doesn't lift.

Option 3.....this is the one I consider most likely.....if short interest comes in somewhere around 300 to maybe 500K....then I will view it as bears jumping on RVX hard at Friday's opening bell, and then fear doing the rest.  And this isn't much better than option 2 for me....because bears have smarts and they have the power often to control (what is typically) a very thinly traded stock.

Its bears versus bulls, that's the market game....and the bears worry me here.  Hopefully (for me anyway) it was by and large retail shareholders bailing out.

New Message
Please login to post a reply