...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

"So the silence at both RVX and Zenith is interesting. The variance in information regarding the futility analysis has me concerned. As I posted previously my concern re the "statistical" considerations is because this suggests that the committee members may see some positive effect of apabetalone on 3 point MACE the evidence to date implies that the statistical base (sample size of the # of MACE events) may be too small to pick up the effect at a reasonable probablity level to judge if the trial should continue from an efficacy perspective. This may imply that the RRR may be modest at best???????????? based on the data to date."

There are a lot of potential explanations for the yet to be disclosed changes to the futility analysis. You are speculating a small subset of the possibilities. From an objective viewpoint, however, there is zero publicly available information to "suggest" that your subset of possibilities is any more likely than the other unstated possibilities. We just need to wait for new information to flow before we jump to conclusion. 

"On the Zenith side the silence tells me that while they are probably learning significant amounts of information they do not have the magic bullet in zen3694. I hope I am wrong. (apologies for mentioning Zenith on this sight)."

Zenith is a private company and does not have the reporting requirements of a public company. Even a public company (Gilead) that has their own pan-BET inhibitor GS-5829 in clinical trials for metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer, and who started their trials prior to Zenith, still hasn't publicly disclosed much information at all about the progress. Par for the course. One can't jump to conclusions based on the silence. One could easily speculate that the other end of the spectrum of possibilities is also true.

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply