...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

It was scheduled for 9am Calgary Time....I called just before 10am.  I'm not feeling too hot right now physically, a bit run down.  My wife has been ill and life has been more than a bit challenging...my cross to bear.  

My first question was about the subscription(s) for equity units that the company in their last PR was anticipated to occur within 30 days. 

Paul said I worded my question well, that it is anticipated and that the answer is yes. 

I asked if something were to happen that would alter that....if it was pushed back say a month, should I expect a presser updating the market.  A longish conversation ensued.

The short version is that Paul told me that the company has a disclosure committee...and that they discuss things of this nature.  He said that if it were up to him, that yes he would want to.....but the decision is not made unilaterally by himself.  The reason he would want to is that he recognizes the vital imporance of financing and how the company has set an expectation...yada yada yada.  But its not solely his decision to make.  We ended it with me saying something like, 'hopefully there's news before month's end that you've raised $5 million, $10 million....whatever and all this is moot".  

I asked when I should expect news of last dosing.

As expected I was given the H1 2019 (June 30th) date from the last presentation.  I didn't even have to ask about previous forecasts of EOY 2018, he addressed it without me having to ask.  He maintained that at the time of those Sept and November presentations, that indeed that was the expectation at that time.  He then said 'let me give you the company line'....that the company is extremely pleased with the safety profile, the 8 DSMB reccomendations to continue without modifications.  He went on to say that the longer the trial goes on, that it is a positive as it improves the statistical powering of  the trial and will result in more powerful and meaningful results.  

While wrapping up his answer to the previous question about last dosing he mentioned the trial being at over 220 MACE.  I interjected and said something like: "Yes, that was my next question....the trial is now at over 220 adjudictated MACE".  

Paul interjected immediately, "I'm gonna stop you right there"....Holy Acetelayted Lipoproteins, here it comes.  Up to now I'd been assuming those 220+ MACE, that they were in fact MACE...as in confrimed MACE.  Paul said that the company has not disclosed them as adjudicated and confirmed MACE but simply as MACE.  

Long story short, the 220+ number...they are not all confrimed and fully adjudicated events.  There ensued a long winded explanation of lag times in adjudication that can slow down and speed up, how "most" are adjudicated and confirmed.  Paul did say something about a high degree of certainty and how the clinical doctors are good at what they do, that while an event might not yet be fully adjudicated and confirmed...that they these people know what they're doing and when I asked how certain "90% certain" Paul said 'higher than that'.  

I was pretty floored at this point...to my way of  thinking the word "confirmed" or "adjuciated" is redundant.  If the company says X number of MACE, up to now I've been assuming they must be confirmed events...that unless they were confirmed that the a word like "suspected" would be required as an adjective.  

I did have one last question though so I quickly asked about the event rate...the 10 to 15 number was obviously off, and I asked if he could tell me what the event rate is right now....something more accurate.  

Paul answered that he didn't know....and at that point I wrapped it up even though he seemed to have more to say.  I thanked him for his time and said goood bye and hung up.  Honestly if I'd been using an old fashioned phone, the kind you physically put down and not a cell phone with an 'end call' button....if it had been an old style phone I might have slammed it down.

New Message
Please login to post a reply