...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I agree with Golf here 100%. GAC received a PM with questionable info. GAC was requested by the sender of PM to not share the content of the PM. GAC acknowledged that if the contents of the PM made the rounds on the board that it would spread FUD. GAC proceeded to share the contents of the PM as a post to the board anyway, which both violated the wishes of the sender of the PM and perpetuated the FUD that GAC acknowledged would happen if GAC shared the contents of the PM.

I have received a number of PM's from folks claiming this and that over the years. If I were to share all of these to the board every time I got them, there would be absolute chaos and confusion on the board. One has to use good judgement and not spread bad or unsubstantiated info. GAC made a bad call here, in my opinion. Folks have posted unconfirmed tidbits of info on the board here many times too (i.e. convos with management about patient year status and other trial updates). Those were never flagged as violations. Often times, if not always, these statements are qualified with cautions to do your own due diligence and to take the info with a grain of salt. 

It's possible that the thread containing the PM discussion will be taken down. A hub leader is looking into this. However, my suggestion in the future is that when folks receive a PM with info that one considers FUD or questionable info.....just let it be and don't share it as a post to the board. And one can always contact Agoracom admin if one feels that the hub leaders are not taking appropriate action. The PM contents did not raise any red flags with me and I assumed that GAC would just let it be and respect the wishes of the sender of the PM not to share. Also, hub leaders are not privy to private messaging content.....so if there is question as to whether a PM violates any Agoracom rules, it is probably best to take it to the Agoracom admin level and not hub leaders. Hub leaders can help facilitate this, but like I said hub leaders cannot confirm the contents of the PM.

BDAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply