...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Resverlogix Announces Publication on Apabetalone in Clinical Epigenetics

It was amazing to see all of this research and data put together into one cohesive story. Apabetalone SMASH inflammation!  It contains much of the content and follows the theme of many of the posters that they have previously presented on this inflammation topic. But each of those posters was only a portion of what is in the paper, and posters don't afford the space to give all the background, interpretations and implications that goes along with a comprehensive publication like this. I love Figures 1 and 2. Great illustrations that capture the complexity of inflammation and the amazing, novel finding of the importance of BET bromodomain proteins in the inflammation process and the robust anti-inflammatory effects of the bromodomain-2 selective BET inhibitor apabetalone.

Congrats Resverlogix team! 

One other tibdit in the paper that we might be able to dissect:

"It is extremely well tolerated by patients, with safety data now exceeding 2700  patient  years." That comment is referring to patient years of patients treated with apabetalone. I don't have time to calculate how many apabetalone patient years were in the previous Phase 1/2 trials, but I will spit-ball that no more than 1000 patients were treated with apabetalone in past Phase 1 and trials combined for no longer than 6 months, which would be 500 patient years. This 500 is likely an over-estimate. So this crude estimate suggests that Phase 3 BETonMACE has at least 2200 apabetalone patient years.

"Anyone else find it interesting that no one from the Executive team was available to comment in the Press Release today?"

It is perfectly normal for the corresponding author (Dr. Kulikowski) of a peer-reviewed published manuscript to be the one to comment on the publication. As Senior VP of R&D, Dr. Kulikowski is not only a key part of the Resverlogix Executive team but was probably also the primary supervisor/manager of the research that went into this paper. In academia, it is normally the lead principal investigator (i.e. the professor whose grant it is) and/or the first author(s) of the paper that do the commenting. Usually, the lead PI is listed as the last author. In this case, Laura M. Tsujikawa is listed as the first author and corresponding author Dr. Kulikowski is listed as the last author. Indusry authorship may be different though. The only other Executive that might be best qualified to comment on the paper is co-author Dr. Norman Wong (Chief Scientific Officer); however, I am guessing that Dr. Kulikowski is much more responsible for the management of R&D and best qualified to comment on this research.

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply