...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Seeing as we have lots of greybeards here I think many will get this reference...

As a kid Evel Knievel was HUGE, I had the SST strip motorcyle and ramps.  When you'd watch his jumps you were full of anticipation...which was typically built up with a few practise runs right up to the edge of the launching ramp. 

When he'd finally go airborne over whatever he was jumping, be it busses or the fountains at Caesar's Palace or whatever...just before he'd land I wonder how many people turned their heads or closed their eyes and said "I can't look"!!!  

BETonMACE is at that point now for me.....we're flying over obstacles of worry, fear, uncertainty and doubt.....but we don't know if there will be a successful landing.  If Sept 30th is the date we've got one week of nervous anticipation to see if there's success or failure.  Evel had jumps that he made, and others that he did not....but he survived all his failures.  Here's hoping for a safe landing.

This was a successful jump from 1975, if you want to skip it happens at about the 1:50 mark:

New Message
Please login to post a reply