...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

reply to RVXoldtimer 

RVX could create another legal entity and place Apabetalone and any other molecules that they wanted to include in the sale. 

Correct, but the transfer to a wholly owned subsidiary is taxable to U.S. owners if not held in deferred account. Happened to me when they spun out Zenith, see Passive Foreign Investment Company.  Very upsetting.  Our tax system does not see RVX as an operating company.  RVX needs operating income, not interest income.  In the spin, FMV will be taxed as a dividend!  No tax in deferred accounts.

Selling RVX would be capital gain, again, deferred accounts win. Would HL agree?  I envision a bidding war between BP and HL.  In either case, a spin or company sale, good for us, we find the real FMV.  If HL wants company or 51%, would be messy in RVX board room.  Still HL has China rights. 

We will know soon; this week will be very interesting and through mid December.  208 is safe and has too much to offer.  It appears to me, the many secondary effects maybe more valuable than the original primary purpose.  This Thurday, would like to listen to meeting with FDA.  Europe and China could be first to authorize.  Good luck to all of us. Bad guess to those SHORT.

Again, I could be wrong, been there done that.

New Message
Please login to post a reply