...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Biotech’s – Full Disclosure can take weeks if not months

I can see where you’re coming from. However, we need to remember that until the reliability of a trial and the accuracy of its results have been considered by the scientific community, the quality of the data, and therefore the value of the drug to clinical medicine, has not been completely established.

Imagine if a company believed the results of a study were positive, published the details, and the share value rocketed. Then a few weeks later after presentation by the investigators at a congress, for some reason the scientific community does not accept the outcome (eg, owing to a flaw in its design that had been overlooked), and then the share value plummeted! 

I think we can discount the fact that  BOM had any serious flaws, given that (as I understand it) its design had the blessing of the FDA. So personally I have no concerns. But the general principle applies to all trials.

New Message
Please login to post a reply