...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Was the othr sign that Apabetalone reduces inflammation

Great question Cabel. Long story short, they haven't shown us everything yet.

We have seen only "some" of the hsCRP data at this point. Baseline was only on a subset of patient, and was reported as 2.9 in apabetalone group vs. 2.7 in placebo group. For change in hsCRP, it is only at 52 weeks and only for patients in Hungary and Argentina. See slides 13 and 15. It was reduced by 17.1% in the apabetalone group and by 16.7% in the placebo group (p=0.72 for between group difference). The previously reported baseline hsCRP was also only on 493 patients per the ESC poster. I am very surprised that for the hsCRP metric that they don't have all ~2400 patient values for baseline and throughout study. Would be great to hear an explanation on this.

Similar story for apo-AI. I'm kind of surprised they didn't show apo-AI on Saturday, since this goes hand in hand with HDL-C. Like baseline hsCRP that was only on a subset of patients, the previously reported baseline apo-AI was also only on 483 patients per the ESC poster. I had assumed that by the time the trial completed and at AHA that they would have al ~2400 baseline patient values measured. So the jury is still out on that.

I touched on this a bit in a post the other day. Not all of the secondary and exploratory endpoints were revealed on Saturday. For example, baseline triglyceride values were shown (no diff between placebo and apabetalone), but the on-treatment changes in TG were not shown. Additionally, there are some other metrics stated in the basline data poster and paper (some of which are stated secondary or exploratory endpoints in the trial) that weren't in Saturday's data: apo-AI, fibrinogen, neutrophil to leukocyte ratio (NLR), platelet numbers, inflammatory cytokines, RNA profile in leukocytes. Hopefully we hear about these other measurements this morning.

BDAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply