...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

>> Why would the company care about the share price now? If they have a deal locked up and /or know where the money to keep the lights on is coming from the share price is meaningless to them.

Exactly -- and unfortunately short term wise. It's not their job to help exit those who would take the $1.50-$3+ off ramp.

I recall at another company's AGM asking the CEO (after meeting) whether the company should be defending the sp a bit more following a recent slump on bad luck marketplace developments.  And his answer was "what for?" He continued... 'Why should we do anything to reward what was a significant number of short term traders', and so on (including an unfriendly institutional that wanted to punish the company by exiting).    I got his logic -- but of course frustrated me as a long.   It's always nicer to be in a zone that you're more comfortable re: sp value. 

I've also been in that place where I needed the money -- despite "being close" to some big development, but having to sell to get some cash for whatever.  Always part of the market has timing out of sync with the next development. Also explains some selling pressure in the face of potential catalysts. And on this point, also spoke with institutional investor reps at same AGM -- and also asked about some other houses recent sells (again, in the face of upcoming catalysts).  Related, but different answer:  some houses just make their calls and stick by them. Many don't know, and don't care about particulars, and often the notion of "large" holdings from a major house is small change to them.   

So just like the retailer who might get stuck selling out "before the big news" to pay for the leaking roof or the new dream cottage that they want/need right now, some institutions have same situation -- there's a new strategy, and they are instructyed to go re-balance and who cares about their X shares of RVX or whatever.. etc.

New Message
Please login to post a reply