...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Some may have seen that last night chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine were given emergency use authorization yesterday despite lack scant clinical efficacy and safety data in Covid19 patients. Some may be wondering can the same happen for apabetalone? 

Keep in mind that apabetalone is not approved for ANY indication right now, whereas chloroquine has been approved for a long long time for use in other conditions. The FDA is setting a bad precedent from a science perspective by issuing this EUA without solid data to back it up. However, I do acknowledge the seriousness and urgency of Covid19. Perhaps if some pre-clinical data does show promise for apabetalone, then there may be some leniency by the FDA to approve apabetalone for Covid19. I think its a longshot, but just like Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber, "So you're saying there's a chance?"

The completed BETonMACE phase 3 shows that apabetalone is pretty safe. However, this is only one kind of small Phase 3 trial in one particular population. Legit concerns about extrapolating safety to a wider population are warranted. However, there were similar concerns about expanding label for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. 

I am very anxious to hear more about pre-clinical tests of apabetalone for Covid19. Tick tock.

BDAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply