...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Resverlogix Announces Apabetalone Prior to SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Exposure Reduces Viral Infection – Confirms Plans for COVID-19 Clinical Trial

"The question I have is now that we have the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, what impact does this really have?  Plus there is also the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I'm just trying to figure out where this fits in now from a COVID perspective."

My personal opinion, based on seeing the publicly available efficacy data and the safety profiles for the Moderna and BioNTech/Pfizer mRNA based vaccines, is that the world is going to have sufficient safe and effective vaccine available (from Moderna, BioNTech/Pfizer, and other non-mRNA based vaccines on the way) to make COVID-19 BET inhibitor therapies more or less pointless. By the time an apabetalone COVID-19 trial is complete, a large percentage of the world will likely have been vaccinated.

There may be space for apabetalone treatment of people who are infected but did not get vaccinated, or those who get infected despite getting vaccinated (due to vaccine waning or lack of protection). But if all goes as planned the widespread vaccination and hopefully herd immunity will make a second-line therapy like apabetalone unnecessary.

BDAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply