...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Like others, I look forward to this publication.  I pulled a paragraph from the November 2nd news release:

"The combination of apabetalone and the SGLT2 inhibitors, in addition to standard of care medicines, resulted in a significant improvement of key renal function marker eGFR compared to SGLT2 inhibitors and placebo (p=0.05). Additionally, a significant reduction of plasma Hb1Ac was also observed in patients receiving the combination of apabetalone and the SGLT2 inhibitors, on top of standard of care treatment, compared to placebo (p<0.001). Details of these findings are planned to be submitted to a leading peer review journal in the near future."

According to the changes from baseline at 100 weeks (from the November 19, 2019 AHA webcast slide presentation) the Hemoglobin A1c% in the treatment arm and the placebo arm were identical:  7.76%.  The treatment arm showed an increase in HbA1c of 0.12%, whereas the placebo arm showed a smaller increase of 0.04%  However, for the purposes of this publication there were only 298 patients on SGLT2i within the total BETonMACE population of 2418. 150 received RVX 208, 148 received the placebo.  I look forward to seeing the numbers from in this new publication.

I should note that Novo Nordisk is beginning a new P3 trial in 2021 (who says you can't conduct a large P3 study in the middle of a pandemic?). Over 1200 patients on various doses of their GLP1 receptor agonist.  The primary endpoint?  change in HbA1c 

New Message
Please login to post a reply