...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

From the new publication:

"Baricitinib is a JAK inhibitor that counters cytokine signaling and has been approved for COVID-19 emergency use as an anti-inflammatory therapeutic [54]. Baricitinib at a non-toxic concentration (Fig S1) lowered poly I:C-induced CXCL10 gene expression to a similar extent as apabetalone at 5 μM. Interestingly, in contrast to BETi, this JAKi treatment had no effect on CCL2 expression, and upregulated IL1B mRNA levels by ∼ 42% (p = 0.001, Fig. 2). Overall, while both BETi and baricitinib downregulated the transcription of CXCL10 and IL6, BETi also reduced the expression of CCL2 and IL1B, suggesting superior anti-inflammatory potential in response to viral RNA-like stimuli."

IMO, and in the opinion of a dozen PHDs, Apabetalone is safe and way more effective than FDA-approved baricitinib (Olumiant).  FDA approved it for arthritis a few years back and also for hospitalized Covid-19 patients.  There are some concering side-effects to Olumiant too.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/fda-converts-eua-lillys-olumiant-full-nod-hospitalized-covid-19-patients

"Nearly one million people in 15 countries have been treated with Olumiant since the outset of the pandemic, Eli Lilly said.

During that time, sales of the drug have increased steadily—from $427 million in 2019 to $639 million in 2020 and $1.115 billion last year. Last month, Lilly reported first quarter sales of Olumiant at $256 million, an increase of 32% from the first quarter of 2021. The drug has been used much more outside of the U.S. In 2021, for example, 29% of its sales were domestic.

The approval was based on two trials—one where Olumiant was used in conjunction with Veklury and the other where it was used as a standalone. Both studies showed the ability of the drug to reduce the risk of death and the length of hospitalization." 
(my highlighting)

New Message
Please login to post a reply