...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I'm trying not to look too much at RVX as it is just way to frustrating to watch management get nothing accomplished month after month after month.  That being said I read an interesting article in The Economist (Apr 22/23) which stated that PWC is projecting in 2023 takeovers in pharma and life sciences could reach a total value of $275B, up 75% from 2022 because the pressure is on all of big pharma due to looming industry wide patent cliffs. Further big pharma is sitting on a cumulative cash pile of about $1.4T (yes trillion).

Apparently roughly 190 drugs worth about $263B in sales will be coming off patent by end of decade. To me the timing couldn't be better for RVX to get some skilled help and either sell out or partner up with an entity that has the cash and the talent to get Apabetalone moving forward expeditiously, as well as start moving on other clinic ready compounds. As others have said and I agree, the incompetent group currently in charge has been wasting money and patent life for roughly 4 years, it's time they face their short comings and get out of the way.

No one would ever deny that Don deserves credit for getting the ball rolling but IMO he and his group have been way out of their depth for years. The market would seem to agree and the years of no visible progress since BoM completion in 2019 would seem to confirm this belief. Don looks like he must be quickly closing in on 70, surely he wants to see some value derived from his close to a total of 12 million shares + RSUs.

Personally I still believe there is a lot of value in the science and that seems to regularly be independently confirmed. That being said one of my biggest fears is that some frustrated shareholders will initiate a class action suit and derail everything. One of my kids is a successful young lawyer, with a background in finance, in the corporate group of a major international law firm and (after asking why I'm still invested in that POS) said their opinion was that the company has left itself open to that type of action on a few fronts but that that type of suit takes a very long time, generally leads to a number of unintended consequences and most often leaves anything of value all tied up and shareholders with little to nothing. Hopefully management will get hooked up with the help they so desperately need and get the ball visibly rolling again. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply