...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Great post fouremm.

Here is a couple of briefs from Nature re Covid. Do you remember how completely botched the RVX trials were? They barely got out of the gate in terms of recruiting. Seems there is plenty of opportunity to make money in the Covid space.

A COVID pill for the masses

A drug called simnotrelvir speeds up recovery from mild to moderate COVID-19 by about 1.5 days, relieving symptoms such as fever, cough and runny nose. In a trial in more than 600, mostly young, people, SARS-CoV-2 levels in participants who had taken the drug dropped 30 times more after five days than in those who had received a placebo. Whether it can help people who are at high risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19 is still unclear.

Nature | 4 min read
Reference: New England Journal of Medicine paper

Model predicts risk of long COVID

Researchers have developed a computational model that predicts how likely a person is to develop long COVID. An analysis of more than 6,500 proteins found in blood suggests that those involved in immune responses, blood clotting and inflammation could be key biomarkers of the long-lasting condition that can follow a SARS-CoV-2 infection. The small study “will hopefully pave the way for further studies to try and develop therapies for what is, at the moment, pretty much an impossible thing to treat”, says respiratory physician Aran Singanayagam.

Nature | 5 min read

I believe if apabetalone was put in the hands of a competent biotech management team that trials would be happeneing on at least some of the 36 indications for apabetalone posted by golfyeti in 2022. Perhaps Dr Lakhotia with his temendous success at ZE is the answer? He has many tirals in the works on zen3694 and many corporate partnerships.

OR

is the real problem apabetalone! Apabetalone has failed most of it's human trials but had success in post hoc and laboratory research.

I had assumed that the human trials were underpowered statistically (sample sizes too small) because they were under funded due to poor management. As I stated in a prior post if Don and his team have pitched all of the major BPs and other invertors and come up dry perhaps these investors are saying we've reviewed your lab science and your failed human trials and apabetalone is not worth the risk at this stage.

My background is corporate strategy development in large, multi-national companies, so, perhaps I am the wrong person to judge what I have seen at RVX, which I think is pretty good science combined with remarkably incompetent management, at least as far as I understand management and leadership.

I remain long on my shares and I'm still accumlating at $0.07, no longer because of the science nor belief in management but because I buy a lottery ticket every week. I can accumulate 100,000 share for $7,000 over time or 200,000 for $14,000. If BoM2 starts I'll be in some money or if a CVR happens even better or there could be a buy out or.........on and on. Any evidence & interest of support of a BP for apabetalone could move the SP north.

If I get time I'm going to try to dig up the facts on human trials and distinguish the invitro vs invivo data.

GLTA ...buy your lottery tickets. At least there is some chance of success.     :)

Toinv

New Message
Please login to post a reply