Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Why gold? Slug et al.

in response to by
posted on Nov 06, 2007 05:16AM

Again I agree with everything that everyone is saying. My point is that is it gets as bad as we think it will get what does one do with physical gold in our society if the institutions are not excepting it. i.e it is illegal to own gold. I could see Harper doing something like that.

Now the wealthy as always would have avenues to move it around. But, how about you and me. Like I said in India they are set up to take payment in gold. Here be it selling our gold or our stocks we have to take payment in devalued dollars from an institution. Then we take those devalued dollars and have to buy something. Seems to defeat the purpose of owning gold in our society if all we can buy with it is devalued currency.Yes, we will get substantially more devalued dollars but we are still playing the institutions game because we are using dollars not gold to purchase an item. We still need them so they can still dick with us.If inflation gets bad enough by the time you trade gold for dollars your dollar can already be worthless than when you started the transaction. Again, just thinking out loud on a worse case scenario.

New Message
Please login to post a reply