Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

Pic,

I'll take a stab at your question. As to the first part about Illiad, I have no clue. I defer to Spiny's answer.

The second part about CQ vs. PQ is where I have a comment. But first I must give my disclaimer as I have only spoken with CQ a total of 15 minutes or so over a period of 3 SHM. What can you know with that short of an acquaintance? Regardless, I do have an impression of CQ. First of all, I do know and understand about the failure of the "plan" to generate enough money out of the tailings to carry the cost of exploration and getting up to full production. I don't know the level of decision making that CQ was involved with that. I also don't know what input (or I should say I don't know what his input was) he had in the decision to continue operating the mill for two years at about 20% efficiency. I would bet there was a lot of discussion between CQ and PQ about that which would be very interesting to know. But I do know that CQ was heavily involved with building and operating the mill and I believe getting what work was done at the Sinker tunnel completed. I know that operating a mill like that for 3 or so years takes a lot of day to day decision making and personel management. Expanding the mill while continueing operations is an acomplishment. He seemed to respect employees, but also had high expectations as to their level of work.

CQ seemed to have a balanced view and relationship with his father. He didn't seem to fear him, but showed respect and deference to him. I know he relied on PQ to generate the funds required to operate the mill, and when no funds were there, no new building or capital cost were incurred. He impressed me as not lazy, but a go getter in getting things done when he was allowed, in other words, a good work ethic. He seems to really like his work and the project. He does like to discuss the project with stockholders and seems to be an open book about what is going on. As Spiny said, easy to speak with and no fluff.

He was in charge of a reasonably good sized operation that he didn't know much about when he started, but knows a lot about it now. So to answer your question, I think he would be a really good COO. If he was placed in the position of CEO, I have no reference as to how he would do. Maybe great, but the responsibilities are very different from what he has been doing that I know about. It would be tough to be put in that position and have to go through the process of learn by doing if he doesn't already know it. We have already gone through that.

Right or wrong, that is my perspective of CQ.

Calfarmer

New Message
Please login to post a reply