Welcome To The SLAM Exploration HUB On AGORACOM

Gold and Base Metal Projects (Ontario and New Brunswick)

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Results

posted on Oct 31, 2008 11:41AM

Well, just a few very quick comments regarding results released over the last while.

No one has commented on the much awaited Opikeigan results that were released in the last quarterlies. Opikeigan/Fort Hope assays were quite disappointing given past results from these zones. Such is "the nature of the beast". As I said before, I strongly suspected that "the old timers" highgraded the California Vein to provide the mini bulk sample of over 8 ounces per tonne, and our drill results proved that, I believe. I also expected more from Opikeigan, but when dealing with vg (visible gold) in vein deposits, variance is quite common...but results were still disappointing nonetheless. Given current conditions, it will be some time, I suspect, before this property sees any further work. However, when things improve? there's no doubt that the Reserve Creek property will continue to be evaluated. Mike has stated in interviews such, and that they would eventually like to outline an NI 43 101 resource here. Remember that intersections were up to 4.5 m with grades as high as 75 g Au/t - over 2 ozs. per tonne for you "imperialists". I believe that Reserve Creek will become their flagship gold property much the same way that Nash is their prime base metal development.

As far as the TSN results go, they were promising given the early stage of exploration. Grab sample assays were, as a whole low grade with 38 of the 50 assaying up to 1% total metals combined. 6 of the samples were higher grade with values up to 8% zinc, 4.7% lead, 118 g silver and 1.1 g gold. I'm curious "where the cobalt went" that was in the boulder samples. At any rate, like I said they were encouraging. When trenching, they are for the most part at the mercy of the overburden depth. They may not necessarily be trenching areas that their recon. samples provided higher grades because of too much overburden, so they strip where they can within the zone. It's also interesting that grab samples were taken from the trenches rather than channel samples. I'm assuming that they were trying to limit expenses (labour and equipment costs) so grab samples were taken instead.

It'll be interesting to see what is turned up as they try to trench along the 14 km conductor and mag anomaly. I strongly suspect that it will coincide with further sulphides. Hopefully overburden depth is minimal over the more anomalous regions of these trends to provide optimal conditions and results. That's it for now.

Sheesh, so much for my brief comments. Well, have a great evening and Happy Hallowe'en!

New Message
Please login to post a reply