Welcome To the Xcite Energy Limited HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

This is may favorite post yesterday from stockhouse. It's from zorgon1, a poster who clearly seems to have more knowledge and maturity than a lot of the posters on the various XEL boards in North America and the U.K.

His arguments also reinforce the reasons why I will continue to hold this into 2011 even though I was disappointed in the smaller than expected pop in yesterday's price.

Enjoy,

PW

Many are a bit surprised and somewhat disappointed by the "paltry" 20% gain in share price in Britain on today's stellar announcement. The price jump is lower than I expected too but I think this will change in the near future and certainly by the first week of trading in the New Year.
The first upgrade from Arbuthnot has put a 600p ($9.50) target on XEL and made the recommendation with a "strong buy" rating. Brokerage firms will be scrambling to get more details and rewrite their analysis and projections. Typically this takes a few days which puts us into the Christmas break and the info may get lost over the holiday period. Rest assured it will be in the forefront come January and the price will start to make steady gains towards the higher revised targets.
Those hoping to top-slice, to settle for a quick buck or just getting a little extra to pay bills are selling ahead of the major institutional buying that is just around the corner and I think that more than anything, has limited today's gains. The fact volume in Britain is triple normal with over 7 million traded so far confirms this. The smart money is buying today, not selling! Eventually those who can wait a few weeks will see their patience quickly rewarded as volume picks up with both Institutional and a new tranche of private investors. I think the share price will turn the corner faster than most think; it's just a matter of when; it might even start on TSX trading. Days rather than weeks for the next leg up (beyond the immediate pop at market opening), is my guess.

Wellington will probably be next in Canada to provide an upgrade so that will be good news.

The company has been conservative in all of their estimates in my opinion, which is good; understate and over deliver. I would be very surprised if the well couldn't have produced much higher stable flow rates than were reported today. I secretly hope that Betty has been hooked up and the testing is ongoing now that the basic information about well performance has been confirmed. Wouldn't that be a sweet bonus NRS later this week!
The best is yet to come.

New Message
Please login to post a reply