...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free
Message: Celgene inks $1B deal for a preclinical epigenetic blood cancer drug from Canada.

Thanks for the post narmac and rnbtbl.

narmac

Celgene inks $1B deal for a preclinical epigenetic blood cancer drug from Canada.

posted on Jan 29, 2019 07:42PM

Use the IP Check tool [?]

Posted by rndtbl on the IV board;

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/celgene-inks-1b-deal-for-a-preclinical-epigenetic-blood-cancer-drug-from-canada

From what I understand of this it is a CVR type deal done on a pre-clinical epigenetic drug developed by OICR in Canada.

From the Release - The Big Biotech will pay $40 million upfront for the option to license TRPH-395, while committing to an additional $940 million or more in future R&D and sales milestone payments to Triphase Accelerator, a drug development company that looks to bring the compound through phase 2 proof of concept.

The thought that came to mind is a quote from Don.

Source – Zenith AGM Sept 12th, 2018 - transcript (imtesty Sept 20 2018) – (Don at slide 2)

• “In the United States last week, when people were talking about who is the top epigenetics company in the world, it is Resverlogix, but a lot of people think it’s Zenith. So either way I like it.”

Don, who are you kidding? On one hand the Celgene deal demonstrates what is possible and also gives a perspective on the Zenith x Pfizer trial deal (which I am thrilled about because of the branding, credibility, exchange of information via collaboration, etc).

An article in the FP on Dec 20, 2018 is titled Pfizer-Glaxo pact shows giants returning to the lab. In short, these companies are spinning off their OTC health care divisions and now trying to build their piplines with perscription drugs particulary in cancer and rare diseases because of their high margins.

• The market for drugs is hot so if Don can't capitalize on this now will he ever have the skills to cut big, money making deals?

For Zenith & RVX my thoughts are – “So much hopeful, leading edge scientific development and so little value creation. Why the gap?”

GLTA

Toinv

New Message
Please login to post a reply