...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free
Jun 21, 2019 05:29PM
Jun 22, 2019 02:38AM
Jun 22, 2019 09:48AM
Jun 22, 2019 12:26PM

noretreat - Agree with your main point that Array is much further along. In this Rueters article 

JUNE 17, 2019 / 4:57 AM / 5 DAYS AGO

Pfizer makes $10.6 billion cancer bet in cash deal for Array Biopharma

it says Pfizer may also be looking for Bolt-on opportunities. If a deal was to be struck between PFE and ZEL a bolt-on would be how my imagination would see it. To your point of Array being further ahead, that all gets adjusted in the price of the deal. Array already having products approved and generating revenue would be expected to fetch 2, 3, 4X's what a company that doesn't have an existing approved product would however has some science with great potential.

In the last update I remember seeing for the mCRPC trial 2 of the 3 Super Star patients that were not expected to live past about 4 months were still going strong after close to 2 years on the combo of ZEL3694 and enzalutimide. I realize this is a P2 study but that stat alone says there might be something there to work with.

I understand the cost of enzalutimide to be somewhere around $9k per month. Extending a patients life by a couple of years past the point that they may not be with us, a $9k per month drug extended sales cycle could be very lucrative for PFE if they thought the chances of getting approval were very good. Having that same drug potentially enhancing the sales of yet another one of their drugs, TNBC, would kind of be the icing on the cake so to speak.

I wouldn't expect ZEL to fetch the $10.6 billion that Array got but somewhere between $2 and $5 billion would not be unreasonable at this point given the potential to extend sales of Pfizers existing products.

tada

New Message
Please login to post a reply