...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free

Sounds like you too have a total sense of wonderment when it comes to these two companies here! Just when it seems that we're about to get some traction, something invariably goes wrong! And yet, I/we hang on.

Regarding Pfizer. Those numbers Telepanel shared recently on the TNBC were very intriguing, and I think we would all like to see an official update soon. If true, at what stage does this cat and mouse game with Pfizer end?

I'm hoping soon, but hoping and soon seem to epitomize our experiences in this space. In case you missed it, I particularly liked this little exchange from Pfizer's latest earnings call:

Albert Bourla -- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Thank you, Angela and John, do you have to add any comments on our go-forward strategy given that you are managing this area very successfully right now and particularly on M&A targets or licensing targets that we have?

John Young -- Group President, Chief Business Officer

Thanks, Albert and thanks for the question. Obviously, we don't talk about specific targets as you all know, but I think Albert hit on sort of main point in his answer, which is we feel really good about the prospects for the continued growth of our core business. In terms of business development, to strengthen that, our focus is absolutely on clinical stage assets. I think, Frank touched on this in his answer to capital allocation earlier on, but we're really very focused on clinical stage assets that could complement our existing internal pipeline that we feel good about. So we're going to be focused on areas including oncology where there could be interesting tuck-ins. We're going to be looking at rare disease.

There's a lot of innovation taking place there and I think we're uniquely placed because of the capabilities and manufacturing and development that Mikael's touched on to add to our pipeline and we continue to look across our other areas as well at select opportunities. So we think there are opportunities out there. We continue to be very active in this space, but, of course, we're always going to make sure that we are disciplined and we deploy capital in a way that really optimizes value for our shareholders, but most importantly for our patients. So I think between Albert's and Frank's answers, hopefully that gives you a flavor of how we feel about capital deployment and business development for our business strategy post the separation of Upjohn.

New Message
Please login to post a reply