...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free
Aug 17, 2021 08:33AM
Aug 17, 2021 10:14AM
Aug 17, 2021 10:19AM
Aug 17, 2021 08:26PM

It's been a very long time since I felt Don was on top of his numbers. I feel Don is a back of a napkin kind of deal maker. Sort of a "one off" guy just trying to survive, rather than a strategist. And for the past few years he has been selling both companies far below their scientific value. It also struck me that when he announces failures like BoM he seems completely unphased...so of like "oh well, off we go to the next trial". IMHO I think he's and old man with no drive.

However, I was looking at the Zenith website and reading about Newsoara and I thought maybe there is some hope. For example, the profile of Sanjay Lakhotia, Zenith's Chief Business Officer looks very competent.

Dr. Lakhotia serves as the Chief Business Officer and heads the development function at Zenith. Sanjay has been instrumental in recent collaborations and partnerships for Zenith – including Pfizer, NCI, UCSF, Merck, and Newsoara – which have helped to significantly advance and expand the clinical pipeline of ZEN-3694 in various cancer indications. He has also led Zenith’s programs from Investigational New Drug filings to mid-stage clinical trials.

Sanjay brings over 25 years of experience in corporate development, product development and strategy at leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Between 2010 and 2013, he led corporate development at Pathway Therapeutics, a clinical stage cancer and autoimmune company. Prior to Pathway, Sanjay was Senior Director of Corporate Development at Portola Pharmaceuticals, where his responsibilities included product licensing and program leadership. While at Portola, he contributed to the partnering of a significant Phase 2 asset and championed the development of an important cardiovascular drug now marketed in North America.

Prior to joining Portola in 2006, Sanjay held corporate development positions of increasing responsibility at Onyx Pharmaceuticals and MedImmune where he led the execution of several product and technology licensing transactions. Before transitioning to corporate development, he led process development groups at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals and Baxter contributing to the development of important vaccines, Prevnar and Meningetec.

Dr. Lakhotia obtained his Ph.D. in Biochemical Engineering at Northwestern University, an MBA from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and BS in chemical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley.

It seems to me like with such talent in the pool there should be some chance of business success.

GLTA

Toinv

Aug 18, 2021 01:50PM
Aug 18, 2021 04:54PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply