Free
OK...  Enough is enough!

DB, I know you're only pointing this post out as interesting, and I'm not taking issue with you, but I just can't let this one go by...

I can state as _FACTS_, the following...

Qualcomm's stock was, in terms of contemorary market quotes,  never, ever, _EVER_ under a dollar;  If you want to take current price and divide it by the, at least, 16 or so times that it has split, you can, perhaps,  come up with a sub one dollar basis.  But it was never quoted on any market at a price under, say,  $12.50 which was either its open at the time it went public or as low as it went at some point early in its public life.

Qualcomm did not start out 'by suing somebody for patent infringment and they were under a dollar.'  Qualcomm's initial business was, actually still is, called OmniTracs.  It's a proprietary satellite tracking system for long haul truckers.  They then commericialized Heddy Lamarr's WWII frequency jumping algorithm and called it CDMA.  The big boom in their stock (27x in one year -  '98/'99 maybe), came after they were sued by Ericsson and won and in doing so sold off their infrastructure business to Ericsson.  They then created a business model around wireless chip sales and wireless communications IPR.  They currently hold somewhere in the thousands of wireless an other patents.  They currently are developing and marketing wireless - CDMA/OFDMA/WIFI, MEMS and a custom software platform called BREW to run on the hardware as well as at least a zillion other products/initiatives that escape my feeble memory at the moment. 
To call them a 'One Trick Pony' is laughable at best.

And while I think edig has some considerable potential as a both a vendor of custom electronics and an IPR holder, they ain't no qualcomm, either past or present, not even on their best day.  Trust me on that.

I'd post the same on the Patriot board, but really don't want to make anyone look bad nor get into a pissin' contest with oscar.
New Message
Please login to post a reply