Free

It's been opined in the past that if EDIG were to achieve any kind of significant revenue/licensing... that the revenue amount itself wouldn't be as important as what they did with it.

So I think it is true with claims construction. Achieving favorable rulings from the judge at Markman hearings is not near as important as what Handal actually does with those 'wins'. I am of course referencing how little was gained by getting favorable decisions related to Flash-R.

Of course Nunchi is a different animal for a number of reasons. The question is whether Handal is prepared to fully leverage any advantage that might be gained from the Markman Hearings with Dropcam and Arcsoft. We don't know the answer to that of course but I don't think Dropcam(Google) will be settling with us for millions when they can easily drag it through the courts forever... and all Arcsoft probably has to do is follow Google's lead and wait it out.

Would be nice to see indications that Handal/EDIG was ready to go the distance. Unfortunately for them is the fact that Dropcam/Google/Arcsoft already know that Handal/EDIG has been willing to accept lowball settlements in the past. Is that going to change? If shareholders are ever going to benefit then this must surely change.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply