Free

Medeviewer

posted on Dec 15, 2005 06:20AM
FF and I initially talked about the Medeviewer. We talked over one half hour on the subject. It was HIGHLY encouraging and I will make a stab at just what was said later on.

Suffice it to say my impression of what exactly the Medeviewer (MV) is was incorrect and I was set straight by FF. It is primarily an ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE that can be programmed with specifics desired by the purchaser and there will be no system set up to reprogram/reload the unit, requiring a system such as the DP. Part of the purchase package will be instructions (simple IMO) and training for the purchaser TO DO THAT HIMSELF. (No ramp up in staff to handle that part of the sale. Huge savings) It will be sold to any purchaser with focused programming but it will still be ``loaded`` with movies, music, etc....EDig HAS a content provider who will provide content from ALL THE STUDIOS and other sources as well. I was intrigued by this and discussed it in detail.

FF said that EDig HAD LEARNED from its past mistakes and wasn`t going to run around trying to obtain ``content`` from the myriad of sources available. Instead they engaged a company, I apologize for not remember its name, who sole business ``IS PROVIDING APPROVED CONTENT`` to whoever wants it, from ALL the content providers out there. As Fred stated however, the providers STILL HAVE TO PASS ON EACH UNIT for security. This is where ``I feel`` Triad may have a problem, not only of time but of technical ability. But as Fred stated they can probably build anything a customer wants, just how much and how long.

EDig HAS PASSED on the security aspects from all content suppliers and now only has to call ONE supplier for its MV.

But of course these new developments won`t be enough for Wolfy to stop gagging.....

New Message
Please login to post a reply