Free
Message: EDiglong posted a really great synopsis of the PEA, post 374555, Read it before its deleted

EDiglong posted a really great synopsis of the PEA, post 374555, Read it before its deleted

posted on Jan 05, 2005 11:44AM
I have read and re-read that message and their are a lot of unanwered questions, at least in my mind, about the PEA.

I don`t have time to write a book, nor am I a ``techie`` but if you really read the entire post, especially the paragraph entitled ``Content`` about half way down, then you have to wonder if the PEA is going to all that much competition for the DP.

It says its encryption is ``multiple DRMs``, plus ``PHYSICAL SECURTIY``, plus...etc...Physical security I know for a fact is the simple closing off of the ports. It is a laptop and the article states that it is. If it had the encryption necessary to prevent the purloining of the content, as our MOS on the DP has why would it need ``physical security``

It state that 5 movie studios ``HAVE GIVEN THE NOD`` to the PEA`s content security. Does that mean approval for what the PEA states it`s security is or have the movie studios actually tested the PEA for security content yet and found it to be OK?

The are so many other questions I have but I do not have time to write a book nor am a a ``techie`` to know what some of this means. I would hope someone out there in EDigland could really examine the article and come up with your own questions, if any.

I do know American is essentially getting the PEA for nothing. They are not paying much for it. The battery life is no where near the 10 hours stated but above all, the overriding question I have is: ``WHAT OTHER ARILINE IS USING THE PEA?? The DP has at least 10 customers with more on the way. It is widely known at this time and has a company like Wencor purchasing APS to disseminate the product.

It would seem to me that if the PEA was as hot as its trying to say it is and as good as American SEEMS to say it is then more airlines would be testing/using it AND TOOTING THEIR HORN OVER THAT. We would know if a crop duster company with 3 airplanes was using it....

I am beginning to get ``slight`` feeling the PEA is not what its being promoted that it is.

New Message
Please login to post a reply