In Chapter 7 BK

Free
Message: Hyping posts don't get removed while bashing posts do get removed.

Re: Boot -Value

in response to by
posted on Mar 05, 2009 07:26PM

Thanks Boot,

I read so much - I know so little the more I read. I used to rail at Jim Sinclair - as I thought that it was apocalyptic conspiracy theory stuff...but then the more I read elsewhere - the more the vector points started to prove up - so I read him much less begrudgingly now. He is big now on physical gold (not paper gold) - makes sense, as the government folded their hands about the uptick rule (and won't address naked shorting) - and here in Canada, IIROC is, it would seem, incapable of enforcing an uptick rule...let alone a DOWNTICK rule - ever wondered how come in the last twenty minutes of trading (when most people do not have "real time') that a not bad day ends up in the red? Ask for someone to post the last trades...sure enough, in-house crosses of 500 shares a time (in the penny dreadfuls (juniors), who would trade 500 shares for gawd's sakes)?

Now it appears that all the blah-blahs are advocating mining shares...either the big boys or the juniors - hmm...are all those guys already in...and are we now dessert? Could be easy to be a bit paranoid. But the real value of the buck is starting to look a wee bit wobbly to any account.

I don't post here much as I find the running commentary either a bit puerile or pedantic (no offence to you, Boot - you have been trying to run a straight show). I tend to watch a great deal more the site for the neighbours just over the fence at Relief, altho' I have pieces of both FGD and them. There are some very astute researchers that post there - I am not being a shill for that co., understand me very clearly, but there are some very clever chaps that pop up with all kinds of info - it is a live board - as this has often been one one to a degree. I visit others (that I have bits and pieces of) that are slower than molasses in January...so I really don't know how they are going to rekindle any enthusiasm to get things moving again. Sad really.

You gotta figure - with a few noteworthy exceptions (and some of you guys could undoubtedly fill in the blanks from your own experience) - that most of the companies that get as far as this - that their CEOs and associates have a vision (not just of making cash for no effort) of bringing something real and tangible into existence. These are guys with dirt under their fingernails - and if their hearts are there, are deserving of - what? respect - support - you figure it out. So while perhaps some from the dirty days on the VSE and other less scrupulous boards could use a little slagging to keep them square maybe - you have to give some sort of trust to the guys that have made it this far...after all you stuck your cash in with them! If you don't like it - or can't stay the distance - then bail out. Mining is NOT an overnight thing, I have learned to my surprise. Roll with it - or renew your subscription to Maalox or Diovol (or whatever is trendy as an anti-acid these days). That's it - I had a brutal day - and time for my night-cap now.

el d

New Message
Please login to post a reply