Helping brands engage Developing, nurturing, and investing in technologies

Free

Ortsbo has proven itself to be an amazing product. The numbers simply don't lie. The big problem is it's meteoric growth will inevitably lead to capacity issues sooner or later. Look no further than Twitter which suffered from massive and frequent outages as it caught on - only to be saved by Silicon Valley VC's. Ortsbo won't have that benefit as long as it is inside INT.

Therefore look for:

1. Outright Sale
2. Spin-out into a separate public or private vehicle.

The juice of any such deal will depend on its timing. Specifically, if INT waits until it runs into capacity issues - which will impact user growth and even usage - then the buyer is in the driver's seat. If INT makes a deal while growth and capacity are robust, then shareholders are in the drivers seat.

I believe management knows that waiting too long could cause Ortsbo major problems, hence my prediction that a deal is done sooner than later.

As such, Ortsbo doesn't stay within INT beyond 3-6 months at this growth rate. I say look for a deal within 3 months.

For the record, I would prefer a spin-out into a separate vehicle where INT shareholders retain a position in Ortsbo growth. For example, look how Yahoo's share price has benefited from retaining its interest in Alibaba.

Ortsbo's global growth and mass appeal is very difficult to achieve. INT should be commended. However, as Jerry Seinfeld and his cast have learned, creating 1 big hit doesn't make a 2nd big hit any easier. I don't think any of INT's current products have big hit potential, so shareholders risk losing any Ortsbo sale proceeds into costs of trying to develop those products. Not a bet I want to make.

Conclusion? You grab hold of your big hit, ride it as far as you can and then collect the residuals for years to come. I believe a bigger organization can deliver just that to INT shareholders.

Regards,
George

New Message
Please login to post a reply