Solid foundations. New horizons.

Free

Copied below is a follow up email from the same source:

I left out several observations Dave made in our discussion two weeks ago, in part because the comment was already lengthy, but also because, as a non-geologist, I can only make guesses about their possible significance. Perhaps you can reach an audience with greater geological credentials.

As noted in prior releases, Probe is working with a new geological model, and has been involved in a 10,000 meter program begun in November (see 10/28 press release), designed to test additional targets for expansion of resource ounces in the Courvan/Pascalis area, and to step out to regional targets for new discoveries.

Dave is always careful with words, but the technical interpretation of three items from our conversation is beyond me:

1) A year ago, Dave thought the North/South structures had been intersected by an East/West mineralizing event, believed then to stem from the large Boulamaque Batholith intrusion on the west side of the property. I.e. an event(s?) moving from west to east. He is now "open to the possibility” that the event originated east of the property. I gather that either source would explain the nodes of enriched mineralization along the N/S dikes in the immediate area of the Courvan/Pascalis mineralization. However, if the mineralizing fluids came from the east, it could open a large eastern land area for exploration possibilities. If it came from the west, the area between the batholith and Courvan may still be enriched, but richer and/or larger targets might lie to the east. Closer to the Island Garden Fault, as Biotechguy1 suggested a few days ago?

2) I commented on the clay layer, and the impact it had on changing Dave’s IP tools. Stronger, plus 3D. I was primarily thinking about a clay layer formed by surface erosion, maybe because the known marshy areas could have been the environment for that. A little later research says that clay is also formed by hydrothermal alteration, and that many gold properties have clay layers. It seems to come down to whether the hydrothermal fluids cary mineralization. Since Dave was sketching in a rather large zone of clay, including areas that were drilled in the summer when ordinarily marshy zones were done after freeze up, it could be that more mineralized areas will be found beneath the clay barrier. I’m hopeful on that score.

3) Dave also noted the creeks and streams shown on the presentation maps, saying that in areas of hard surface rocks, they sometimes emerged in areas of weaker structure. So now I’m wondering whether that ties in with hydrothermal fluid under pressure . Are the creeks a clue?

It’s easy for me to read these observations as potentially quite positive for Probe’s resource potential, and hence I’m quite eager to see the next several drill updates and Dave’s interpretation.

New Message
Please login to post a reply